COVID - 19 Response - November 12, 2020
We know that these developments are also impacting the lives of Reserve employees, members, and daily fee golfers, the safety and well-being of whom remains our top priority. Listed are a series of new policies that are designed to protect the health of our patrons while maintaining day to day operations:
The following actions are taking place at The Reserve to ensure we are abiding by the new regulations while continuing to provide a safe environment for staff and golfers:
- The driving range is open for Day of Play ONLY patrons - we have instituted a $8.00/player range fee.
- Golf Shop staff is cleaning and sanitizing the check-in counter, entrance doors, and guest contact areas.
- Golf Shop staff will be wearing masks when interacting with customers or other staff members in all indoor public areas. Face masks are required to be worn indoors by all members, guests, and staff. The golf shop is currently open with limitations on the number of guests at one time.
- Power carts are available daily (we cannot guarantee availability), with push carts available all day. The current policy is two players in a cart if comfortable, otherwise individual carts are allowed. Please contact the golf shop for complete details.
- There are food and beverages available from the Snack Shack from 10:00am-4:00pm (TO-GO Only). Beverage carts are available daily on both courses (weather permitting). Consumption of outside alcohol on property is strictly prohibited.
- Our building maintenance team will be working to ensure entrance knobs, tables, chairs, countertops, doors, and other impacted areas to touch are clean and sanitized.
- Social distancing protocols (no closer than six feet to one another) are being practiced by all staff, and expected of all patrons.
On the golf course, the following precautions are being mandated:
- Please practice social distancing protocols (no closer than six feet to one another)
- Leave the flagstick in the hole, and do not touch the flagstick at any time.
- The cups in all the holes have been modified to eliminate removal of balls from the cups.
- All ball washers and water coolers have been removed from the golf course. Please make sure to bring a towel to wash your golf ball.
- We anticipate enacting new and additional practices as the situation evolves, all in an effort to protect our staff and our patrons.
-The Reserve Management Team
At The Reserve, a unique rotating format enables public golfers to access two distinct 18-hole championship golf courses in Portland, Oregon - designed by award-winning architects John Fought and Bob Cupp and rated among the elite handful of the Pacific Northwest's most stunning tracks.
Every aspect of The Reserve revolves around creating an unmatched golf experience for people who love the game - and appreciate the privileges, amenities, atmosphere and attention to detail expected at a high-caliber golf club.
The Reserve has been the proud host to some of golf's most prestigious events, including The Fred Meyer Challenge (1998-2002), The PGA Champions Tour Major, The JELD-WEN Tradition (2003-2006), the Umpqua Bank Challenge (2012), and the Oregon Amateur Championship (2015). Golf Digest, Golfweek, and GOLF Magazine have all honored The Reserve in their annual "Best of" issues. Over 50 major championship winners, including Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Phil Mickelson, and Annika Sorenstam have walked its fairways.
Golf course banner photos courtesy of J2 Golf Marketing.