COVID - 19 Response - April 9, 2020
As many of you are already aware, the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus/COVID-19 in the U.S. has continued to rise. Additionally, a series of important measures taken by state and local government to slow the spread of the virus are impacting day-to-day life for many people in our area.
We know that these developments are also impacting the lives of Reserve employees, members, and daily fee golfers, the safety and well-being of whom remains our top priority. Listed are a series of new policies that are designed to protect the health of our patrons while maintaining day to day operations:
The following actions are taking place at The Reserve to ensure we are abiding by the new regulations while continuing to provide a safe environment for staff and golfers:
- The clubhouse will remain closed with the exception of check-in at the golf shop entrance north door (limit one patron in the shop at any one time).
- The driving range will remain closed for the time being.
- Golf Shop staff is cleaning and sanitizing the check-in counter, entrance doors, and guest contact areas.
- Golf Shop staff will be wearing gloves when interacting with customers or other staff members.
- Power carts and push carts are no longer avaibable to rent. The courses will be walking courses only.
- There will be no food and beverage service on property. Consumption of alcohol on property is strictly prohibited.
- Our building maintenance team will be working to ensure entrance knobs, tables, chairs, countertops, doors, and other impacted areas to touch are clean and sanitized.
- Social distancing protocols (no closer than six feet to one another) are being practiced by all staff, and expected of all patrons.
On the golf course, the following precautions are being mandated:
- Please practice social distancing protocols (no closer than six feet to one another)
- Leave the flagstick in the hole, and do not touch the flagstick at any time.
- The cups in all the holes have been modified to eliminate removal of balls from the cups.
- All bunker rakes have been removed from the course. Please use your feet to smooth sand after playing.
- All ball washers and water coolers have been removed from the golf course. Please make sure to bring a towel to wash your golf ball.
- Trash cans have been removed from the courses to eliminate a contact point. Please dispose of waste in the trash cans located near the clubhouse.
We anticipate enacting new and additional practices as the situation evolves, all in an effort to protect our staff and our patrons.
-The Reserve Management Team
At The Reserve, a unique rotating format enables public golfers to access two distinct 18-hole championship golf courses in Portland, Oregon - designed by award-winning architects John Fought and Bob Cupp and rated among the elite handful of the Pacific Northwest's most stunning tracks.
Every aspect of The Reserve revolves around creating an unmatched golf experience for people who love the game - and appreciate the privileges, amenities, atmosphere and attention to detail expected at a high-caliber golf club.